活力37846
在线时间12166 小时
阅读权限200
管理员
自由的灵魂
- 积分
- 100458
- 主题
- 5590
- 回帖
- 26310
- 注册时间
- 2003-4-10
- 最后登录
- 2024-11-21
|
马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册
×
Those Childhood Days
童年时光
When you came into the world,she held you in her arms.
你来到世间,她怀抱着你。
You thanked her by weeping your eyes out.
你以嚎啕大哭向她表示谢意。
When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you.
你1岁时,她给你喂奶,为你洗澡。
You thanked her by crying all night long.
你以彻夜啼哭回应她。
When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk.
你2岁时,她教你走路。
You thanked her by running away when she called.
她一叫你,你就跑开。
When you were 3 years old,she made all your meals with love.
你3岁时,她充满爱意地为你准备三餐。
You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.
你却把盘子摔在地上。
When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons.
你4岁时,她送你些彩笔。
You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.
你却把餐桌涂得五颜六色。
When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays.
你5岁时,为了迎接节日,她特意地给你精心打扮一番。
You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud.
你却扑通摔入路旁的泥坑儿里。
When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school.
你6岁时,她步行送你去上学。
You thanked her by screaming,“I'm not going!”
你却大吼大叫:“我就是不去!”
When you were 7 years old,she bought you a baseball.
你7岁时,她给你买个棒球。
You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor's window.
你却砸碎了邻居的玻璃。
When you were 8 years old,she handed you an ice cream.
你8岁时,她递给你一个冰淇淋。
You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.
你却滴得满膝盖都是。
When you were 9 years old,she paid for piano lessons.
你9岁时,她花钱让你学钢琴。
You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.
你甚至从未专心练习。
When you were 10 years old,she drove you all day,from soccer to gymnastics to one birthday partyafter another.
你10岁时,她整天开车拉你到处跑,从足球场到健身房,再去参加接二连三的生日晚会。
You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never looking back.
你却跳下车,头也不回地走了。
When you were 11 years old,she took you and your friends to the movies.
你11岁时,她带你和你的朋友去看电影。
You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.
你却不让她和你坐同一排。
When you were 12 years old,she warned you not to watch certain TV shows.
你12岁时,她警告你有些电视节目不能看。
You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.
你却趁她不在时,偏偏看。
Those Teenage Years
年少时光
When you were 13,she suggested a haircut that was becoming.
13岁时,她建议你把发型修的得体些。
You thanked her by telling her she hade no taste.
你却说她不懂欣赏。
When you were 14,she paid for a month away at summer camp.
14岁时,她出钱把你送入夏令营。
You thanked her by forgetting to writting a single letter.
你却忘了写封信给她。
When you were 15,she came home form work,looking for a hug.
15岁时,她希望下班回家时有人拥抱她。
You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.
你却反锁房门不理她。
When you were 16,she taught you how to drive her car.
16时,她教你开车。
You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.
你却一有机会就玩车。
When you were 17,she was expecting an important call.
17岁时,她等着接一个重要电话。
You thanked her by being on the phone all night.
你却煲了一夜的电话粥。
When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation.
18岁,你高中毕业了,她激动得哭了。
You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.
你却在外和同学聚会到天亮。
Growing Old and Gray
长大成人,日渐老矣
When you were 19,she paid your college tuition,drove you to campus,carried your bags.
你19岁时,她给你交大学学费,开车送你去学校,给你拿行李。
You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the drom so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.
你却在宿舍门口与她说再见,免得使你在朋友面前难堪。
When you were 20,she asked whether you were seeing anyone.
你20岁时,她问你是否在约会。
You thanked her by saying,“It's none of your business.”
你却对她说:“这事不用你操心!”
When you were 21,she suggested certain careers for you future.
你21岁时,她给你未来事业勾画蓝图。
You thanked her by saying,“I don't want to be like you.”
你却对她说:“我才不要像你那样儿!”
When you were 22,she hugged you at your college graduation.
你22岁时,大学毕业典礼上,她把你紧紧拥在怀里。
You thanked her by asking whether she could pay for a trip to Europe.
你却问她可否出钱让你去欧洲旅游一圈儿。
When you were 23,she gave you furniture for your first apartment.
你23岁,她为你的第一套公寓添置家具。
You thanked her by telling your friends it was ugly.
你却向朋友抱怨家具丑陋。
When you were 24,she met your fiance and asked about your plans for the future.
你24岁时,她见到你的未婚夫,问你们将来有何打算。
You thanked her by glaring and growling,“Muuhh-ther,please!”
你却怒不可遏道:“妈……求你了,别提这些了!”
When you were 25,she helped to pay for your wedding,and she cried and told you how deeply she loved you.
你25岁时,她出钱为你筹办婚礼,哭诉对你的深深爱意。
You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.
你却把家安在距她千里之外。
When you were 30,she called with some advice on the baby.
你30岁时,她打电话来为扶养宝宝提忠告。
You thanked her by telling her,“Things are different now.”
你却告诉她:“时代不同了,你那一套过时了。”
When you were 40,she called to remind you of a relative's birthday.
你40岁时,她打电话提醒你不要把亲戚的生日忘记。
You thanked her by saying you were“really busy right now.”
你却说:“现在确实太忙了!”
When you were 50,she fell ill and needed you to take care of her.
你50岁时,她病了,需要你的照顾。
You thanked her by reading about the burden parents become to their children.
你却抱怨父母是负担。
And then one day she quietly died.
终于有一天,她静静地离开了人世。
And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder.
霎时,你本该做而没能做的事,犹如晴天霹雳,响彻你的耳畔。
“Rock me baby,rock me all night long.”
“摇啊摇,摇我的宝宝到天亮。”
“The hand who rocks the cradle…may rock the world.”
“摇摇篮的手啊……可以摇世界。”
Let us take a moment of the time just to pay tribute and show appreciation to the person called mom though some may not say it openly to their mother.There's no substitute for her.Cherish every single moment.Though at times she may not be the best of friends,may not agree to our thoughts,she is still your mother!!!She will be there for you…to listen to your woes,your braggings,your frustrations,etc.Ask yourself…have you put aside enough time for her,to listen to her 'blues' of working in the kitchen,her tiredness?Be tachful,loving and still show her due respect though you may have a different view from heres.Once gone,only fond memories of the past and also regrets will be left.
让我们花费一点时间,对那个我们称“妈妈”的人表达敬意与感激,虽然有时当面难以说出口。妈妈是无可替代的。要珍惜与她在一起的每时每刻。虽然有时她不是我们是要好的朋友,她会不赞成我们的想法和观点,但妈妈永远是妈妈!!!她会始终陪在你身边,听你讲述伤心事,听你吹牛皮,听你诉尽懊恼和沮丧……扪心自问,你是否曾抽出足够的时间陪她,听她讲围着灶台转的“伤心事儿”,听她讲她也有疲劳的时候。就算你和她的意见不统一,也要委婉,满怀爱心,对她表示出应有的敬意。一旦她走了,剩下的就只是对过去时光的美好回忆了,还有的就是终生遗憾。
Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart.Love her more than you love yourself.Life is meaningless without her…
不要以为那些爱与关怀是你应得的。爱她,要胜于爱自己。没有了她,生命就没有意义……
...
Maybe not all the things described above happened in your life, but it is the way in which most of us have been raised. Don’t take for granted everything the person called Mother has done for you. Love her more! |
|